Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 9 as a Pescatarian

Day 9 : Wednesday, January 9th. 

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with spinach, onions and tomatoes.
Coffee

Lunch
Rice Tortilla with hummus spread, beans, spinach, sliced avocado,
(had to finish the spinach, some of it was starting to go bad)

For dinner, the Illinois/Minnesota game was playing at 9pm so we headed to Southern Hospitality to eat and watch the game. Unfortunately Minnesota took the 'W' but we still enjoyed our time out.

Can you believe this is our 2nd (or maybe 3rd) time in a bar without having had a sip of alcohol?  Yep, it's true.  Having the draft beer options right in front of your face (literally) while staring that the tube you'd think would cause the slight bit of temptation - but it didn't.  Actually, none of it looked appealing at all.  I guess that's because as I started to picture drinking a nice cold glass of Budweiser (kidding, I don't drink that stuff.  But can anyone pick up the reference?) I visualized my stomach becoming bigger, unhappier and uncomfortable with bloat.  So, I stuck to my water and orange.

P ordered the Hush Puppies.  I ordered the Grilled Portobello Sandwich with salad.  Once that was delivered he realized he was hungrier than he thought and quickly put in an order for the sandwich.  Delicious!

During the game I asked P if he's noticed anything different about his energy levels, appetite, weight loss/gain, etc.  He stated he has noticed an increase in energy even though he's been working long days and his appetite is a-ok but nothing on weight.  Which, is not a bad thing - it's only been a little more than a week.  As for myself, I haven't experienced any increase in energy.  Though, there have been a few times that I have noticed some tiredness.  Like right now - but I think that's because it's going on 1pm and I need to eat lunch.  My appetite has been fine and as for my weight, unfortunately haven't noticed any positive change (losing a few inches).  Yet again, it's only Day 9.  We'll discuss again on Day 16.

Ok, time for lunch time!!!

- Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment