Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 4, 5 and 6 as a Pescetarian

The First Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the New Year!

FRIDAY:

I was an early riser on Friday - had to get to a 6am client so I grabbed a Kind Bar and ran out the door.
When I got home I decided to go with cottage cheese, veggies and a banana.


Breakfast
Kind Bar before client
Cottage cheese
Veggie mix - zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes
Banana
Coffee

While eating breakfast I came across an article about Pescetarianism from the Huff Post.  If you're looking to learn more check out, 5 Reasons to Become a Pescetarian.  It's a decent article.

Lunch
Left over homemade soup with quinoa
Cucumbers and Hummus
Pear

Dinner
We celebrated a friends birthday dinner this evening @Vegetarian's Paradise 2 located in the West Village.

Our meals were delicious.
For an app we had Sugar Cane Drumsticks (splurged here)
For dinner, I had Sauteed Vegetarian Chicken with Zucchini, Cauliflower, Celery, Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas and Brown Rice.  P enjoyed A Soy Burger with Fries.  He said it tasted very similar to a burger.  Not exactly, but not that far off.
We also enjoyed fresh-made juices (He had a fruit juice that consisted of three different fruits and I had a fruit and veggie juice)

SATURDAY:


Breakfast
Kind bar
Coffee

I had to run to a client again so I grabbed another Kind Bar, simple and delicious.

Brunch
For Brunch I met a friend at Pete's Tavern on 129th East 18th Street.  My meal was really good. I decided to go with the Eggs Scrambled with Smoked Salmon.  It came with Caramelized Onions and Home Fries.










On my way home I passed the Trader Joe's on 14th street so I stopped in to pick up a few things; fish, tortillas and beans to make fajitas this week, green tea, almonds, walnuts, etc.  FYI do not shop here on Saturday's at 1pm.  IT IS hella-crowded.

Snack
Veggies and Hummus
Cucumbers, carrots, red and green peppers

Dinner
Pizza and Pop Party
We decided to celebrate the end of the week with Pizza (gluten free for me, regular for him) and Pop (apple cider and seltzer).
I thought I'd give Domino's gluten free pizza a try.  It was ok...just ok.  I don't think I'll be ordering it again though.


SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY:

Yesterday I had a bridal luncheon to attend.  It was a lot of fun.  P and I met a really nice couple our first year playing football for Zog Sports and have kept in touch since.  We're looking forward to their wedding in a few months.

Menu
I had a smidgen of one of the smaller homemade pastries (cinnamon bread)

The mini poached quince, as the starter, was really quite good.  Very tasty.

For my entree I chose the baked eggs, tomatoes, roasted pepper and capers stew, melted 3 cheese gratin.

In addition to the warm breakfast cinnamon sugar doughnuts they had carrot and chocolate cake.  I had to try the chocolate cake, I just could resist.

After the gift opening and some more chit chat it was time to go.  The Redskin/Seattle game started at 4:30 so I said my thank-you's and goodbye's and headed home.  I quickly changed into my Skins gear and high-tailed it to the bar to meet up with my boyfriend and his friend.  We watched the game (yes, I'm hugely disappointed) while drinking water and seltzer.

For dinner I had broccoli and french fries (what a full and healthy meal, right).  They teased me with having butternut squash soup on the menu when in fact it was chicken noodle soup.  Nothing else on the menu looked appealing so unfortunately I chose the fries.  P went with fish and chips.  Dinner = not so healthy decisions.

Obviously, my dinner did not fill me up so I made homemade popcorn while we watched The Amazing-Spiderman.  I thought it going to be quite lame but to my surprise I actually enjoyed it.

- Theresa




No comments:

Post a Comment