Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 17 as a Pescetarian

More than half way through the month!

Are you thinking we've had enough with not eating meat...think again.  We're doing fine.  Haven't craved turkey or chicken and definitely haven't craved beef (just made a yuk face as I typed that) .  HA - do you remember these stickers growing up? I distinctively remember my parents having these on items they kept under the kitchen sink, on rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.  Oh, memories....

This morning I came across a healthy cookie recipe.  I have errands to run today so while I'm out I'll pick up the ingredients I don't already have.  These are a must make!  It's a good day to stay in and cook up something delicious anyways.  It's freezing out there.

Ingredients:
3 bananas
2 cups of old fashioned oats
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon (opt.)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mash bananas in large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients.  Let batter stand for ~20 minutes then drop by teaspoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with cinnamon if so desired.

Servings: ~30

Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast
Oatmeal with cherries, cinnamon and almond milk
coffee
a few extra cherries - just soo yummy

Lunch
Eggs with veggie mix
P had fresh Sushi

Snacked on a Kind Bar before heading to clients

Dinner
Met friends at Maria Bonita for dinner.  Nice place and delicious fresh made guacamole.
I had the Vegetarian Fajitas.  There was so much I have leftovers for today.  The best!
P had the Enchiladas Vegetarianas, I believe.

Enjoy your Friday! and if you make these cookies let me know how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment