Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 16 and a Minor Ankle Sprain

Central Park Entrance at 5th Ave & 59th St.

Well, that nice long run on Sunday to Central Park and back on left me with an irritated ankle.  Annoyed, I am.  Thankfully it's nothing serious - just minor aggravation.  It's very difficult for me to 'take it easy' but in all seriousness I plan to RICE the area over the next few days (Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate).  I am hoping it'll be better by at least the end of the weekend* so I can get back in the swing of things.  I signed up for a race on February 3rd and need to put some mileage in before then.

*Wishful thinking here.  I'd rather have it heal completely than to push it and make it worse.





Meals yesterday:

Breakfast
kind bar before clients
cottage cheese with zucchini, onions and mushroom
coffee

Lunch
Jerk Tofu (rubbed and topped with a special jerk sauce and seasoning
Collard greens

Dinner
Veggie wrap
Turnip and hummus
P made a spinach salad with grapefruit and walnuts and had bread and hummus as a side

The Sun is out...WHA WHAATT and tomorrow is Friday!

- Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment